BOLLYWOOD ISHTYLE: Madhuri's Graceful 'Purana' Style

The glamorous Madhuri's latest flick 'Dedh Ishqiya', co-starring the lovely Huma Qureshi features some sumptious outfits, a lot of which remind me of the old-style courtesans of older era movies past, like Umrao Jaan and Pakeeza. Maybe it's the simple yet striking anarkalis, paired with pretty jewellery and an old-fashioned style to it - but it's something that Madhuri pulls off well.

With costumes designed by Payal Saluja, I'm really liking what I see - classic, simple colours for what the designer calls a "nawabi" (royal) look.

I'm looking forward to seeing more shots of the actresses in this film and their outfits, it's a nice change to see outfits inspired from another era and I like that it's beautifully and realistically done here. I think Madhuri fits the costumes well here, and still retains her unique style too - what do you think of these outfits?







  All images in this post are from Dedh Ishqiya movie and do not belong to me

No comments:

Post a Comment