OUTFIT OF THE DAY: Mints, Creams and Speckled Scarves

I thought I'd do a different type of OOTD today, seeing as it's summer and I haven't had a lot of occasions to wear Asian outfits. I went to a barbecue yesterday (taking advantage of the beautiful summery weather!) and thought I wear something more suited to the weather. Although you do get summer cottons and fabrics, such as lawn, for the summer time, I'm not a huge fan of these (lawn, for example, can be a bit sheer and also sticks to the body too much!), so I'd rather wear loose outfits.

These are the things I put together (I didn't remember to take a picture of the outfit together before I wore it, so replicated it on Polyvore!): a mint green maxi skirt with a silk cream camisole and simple black and white scarf.


And this is me wearing it! I found this quite cool to wear, it would have been nicer to wear a lighter cardigan or a blazer even, but I don't have one at the moment (I'm on the lookout for one at the moment).


Skirt - River Island
Camisole - River Island
Pumps - H&M

I loved how comfortable this skirt is, and how pretty the colour looked (I did get a lot of compliments on the skirt, which looked very flowey, and felt girly in a nice way!) I don't wear maxi skirts very often, but for the summer they're perfect (plus you can pretend you're wear a lengha for the day!)

How was your weekend? Did you wear anything different?

No comments:

Post a Comment