BOLLYWOOD ISHTYLE: The Divas of the Green Carpet at IIFA 2014

There's been a lot of publicity over the IIFA awards ceremony which took place recently, due to all of the Hollywood and Bollywood celebs who turned up, as well as the beautiful outfits which were showcase. I've been following some of the glamour and glitz on and off the carpet, and here are some of the ones which stood out for me.

I think the lovely Deepika Pudokone created the biggest stir in the fashion world, wearing gold Sabyasachi with deep red lips followed by a pretty floral red maxi dress by Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad (although her hair and make-up were very similar to the previous day). I love the glamorous style Deepika has going on, and I think she pulls it off very well (I also love this vlogger's take on copying her make-up, which I really want to try as well now!)


Next is Priyanka Chopra wore a pretty, cream Monique Lhuillier gown and a Prabal Gurung pencil dress on the carpet, followed by a blingy dress during the show at the ceremony (although I'm not sure who that one is by)
 

Kareena Kapoor dressed in a risqué Giorgio Armani dress (don't worry, I think that's a panel in the middle!), followed by another Giorgio Armani two-piece outfit. I also loved the kurta-style top she wore with white trousers at the IIFA conference, particularly the sleeves with its colourful embroidery - although it did make me notice she wore a lot of black!
 

Next was Bipasha Basu in a a gold Gaurav Gupta gown, followed by a sparkly black Rocky S gown and lastly, a pretty white Sonaakshi Raaj draped sari-gown with Amrapali earring. I'm less keen on the metallic gown, but I though the black gown looked chic and the white sari looks very pretty.


Sridevi wore a glamorous number, an Oscar de la Renta gown followed by a pretty Marchesa dress which reminded me of a slightly Greek-style design.



Sonaksi Sinha wore a DKNY black dress to start with, followed by an Amit Aggarwal long gown, and lastly a Nikhil Thampi ensemble which looked slightly more smarter than her other dresses.


Next is recently-engaged Dia Mirza, one of my favourite style icons, wearing a sparkly pink and gold Sabyasachi outfit followed by a soft apricot-coloured dress by Halston Heritage.


I loved this Sabyasachi dress worn by Kalki Koechli wore a the ceremony, as well as the silvery-grey Gaurav Gupta gown she wore which really flattered her figure. The deep red turban she wore looked great with her Sabyasachi outfit, which added a quirky yet chic twist to the outfit.



Lastly, is the lovely Madhuri Dixit, who looked elegant in a pretty blue sheath by Jatin Varma, and a Sonakshi Raaj light orange sari on the carpet. I thought the two made quite different styles which left Madhuri able to go for a formal look with an updo for her dress, and a more playful look with loose curls and soft makeup with her sari.


These aren't all of the celebrities who attended the IIFA 2014 ceremony, but these are the ones which I liked or which I thought were quite striking - I'll agree with a lot of people on the blogosphere that one of my favourites was Deepika with her dark red lips and Sabyasachi.

You can see more picture of what these celebrities as well as the other Bollywood stars wore over the IIFA events here and here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all celebs looking damn hot,i cant see katrina kaif she might me buzy shooting for her latest film Tiger Zinda Hai
thanks for this post keep updating

Post a Comment