BOLLYWOOD ISHTYLE: Sabyasachi in Cocktail

Sabyasachi has been getting a lot of coverage recently (there was a fashion show held by them in London recently too), and it's easy to see why the designs are so popular, with their beautiful prints, vivid colours and signature embroidery style, which is ideal for weddings and mehndis.

Cocktail, which was released earlier on this year actually has very few Asian outfits in it, although I did like the girls' trendy style in their western outfits which was put together and looked quite simple yet flattering.
The only Asian outfits which really stood out to me are these one, which are part of a song sequence at the end of the movie, featuring Deepika wearing Sabyasachi, and although I'm not too sure what Diane Penty is wearing, it looks like it could also be Sabyasachi. I love the styles of each outfits, both as different as the other; the colours put together on Diane's outfit are beautifully colourful and traditional, while Deepika's outfit remind me more of a fusion-style sari, which has a layers theme going on.

What do you think of these outfits? Deepika's outfit seems to be getting more praise in the Blogisphere, but I think that Diane's one appeals to me more because of the traditional colours of it.

Image belongs to directors/producers of Cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment